Monday, July 26, 2010

Meatballs


The other day I had a huge craving for some really good spaghetti and meatballs...the kids LOVE spaghetti so we eat it quite often, but I usually just make plain meat sauce. So, I thought I would take a little extra time for a classic favorite in our house. I got this recipe from my Stepmom, who is actually part Italian, so I felt kind of authentic making it!!

You will need:
-1 lb ground meat
-pinch dry basil
-pinch dry mint
-1/2 onion chopped finely (I used a little less)
-1 egg
-garlic powder
-salt and pepper
-Italian bread crumbs *I usually start out with 1/4 cup and add to mixture as needed
-2 jars of spaghetti sauce ( I used Classico)
-olive oil
-noodles

-Mix together all ingredients (by hand is easiest) and form into the meatballs. Brown in olive oil in hot skillet on all sides. Put meatballs in 2 jars of spaghetti sauce, cover and simmer sauce for one hour. Serve over spaghetti noodles of your choice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment