Thursday, August 12, 2010

King Ranch Casserole


Every now and then I get on a casserole kick, and this one is just plain yummy. I seen a lot of variations for this recipe, but this is what we've come to prefer. You can also use corn tortillas in place of the tortilla chips, but I like the crunchiness of the chips....plus if you have little helpers like me, they love to crush the chips up for me and sprinkle the cheese!

King Ranch Casserole

You will need:
-tortilla chips (I used the scoops)
-4 chicken breast (cut into cubes)
-1/2 cup onion chopped
-1 can cream of mushroom soup
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1 can rotel (I used mild)
-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
-2 Tbsp butter or olive oil

- Saute onion and chicken in butter on med-high heat until cooked through.
- Combine soups and rotel in a small bowl
-Line baking dish (I used a 12x8 inch) with crushed tortilla chips
-Then layer 1/2 chicken and onion mixture, 1/2 soup mixture, 1/2 of cheese
-Repeat layering with other 1/2 of remaining ingredients
-Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until cheese melts

No comments:

Post a Comment