Friday, August 20, 2010

Spicy Roasted Chicken Breasts with Asparagus and Tomatoes

I saw this chicken recipe on the food network a few weeks ago and knew I had to try it because it looked so yummy. It's one of Paula Deen's sons recipes....I bought their cookbook last year and so far everything I've made out of it has been awesome. These chicken breasts are delicious and so simple...it took all of 5 minutes to prepare! I made an extra one for my lunch, and it was just as good the next day!

I'm also adding Kevin's lemon asparagus and tomato recipe. He came up with this dish a few months ago, and I keep asking him to make it over and over. Kevin loves asparagus and I honestly have never been a fan of it...until now. I asked him to tell me step by step instructions, and it was a little "difficult" to get it out of him, but here's the best I can do to re-create it.....

Spicy Roasted Chicken Breasts
You will need:
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-2 lemons, zest finely grated (I also added a squeeze of the lemon juice)
-2 tsp paprika
-1 tsp celery seeds
-1tsp salt **I totally forgot to add salt and pepper (no idea why) and it was still great
-1tsp ground pepper
-pinch of cayenne pepper
-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used only 3)

Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking dish w/ foil.
-In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except chicken breasts. Arrange chicken on baking sheet and slather mayonnaise mixture over chicken. (I ended up using my hands...that's what Paula Deen did). Bake until juices run clear about 20-25 minutes

Lemon Asparagus and Tomatoes

You will need:
-Asparagus (he used a full bushel) cut into 2 inch pieces
-2 Tbsp butter
-6 Roma tomatoes
-2 lemons
-salt/pepper
-minced garlic

Melt butter in skillet on med-high heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add asparagus and saute with butter and garlic for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add chopped Roma tomatoes. Cover and cook until asparagus is tender (we like ours pretty tender with just a little crunch). Add lemon zest and lemon juice to skillet and stir. Remove from heat and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment