Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ellie's Lasagna


I got this recipe out of a magazine several years ago, and it's the only way I've ever made a lasagna. It was titled "Ellie's Lasagna"..... I'm not sure who Ellie is, but I think I would like her. This recipe is super simple and makes a lot of servings. It freezes well too. I made this yesterday for my sister-in-law, who just had a baby, to take home....I had a hard time not stealing a slice:)

You will need:
-12 lasagna noodles
-1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese (I used whole milk ricotta)
-1 tsp finely minced garlic
-1 lb ground beef
-2 (260z) jars spaghetti sauce (I used Classico tomato and basil)
-4 cups shredded Italian blend cheese

*Cook lasagna noodles according to directions and set aside. I always add a little olive oil to the pasta water (to keep them from sticking together), and spread them out on parchment paper (sprayed w/ PAM) when they are done to cool.
*Stir together ricotta cheese and garlic and set aside
*Cook ground beef until done; drain; and stir in spaghetti sauce
*Layer a lightly greased 13x9 inch dish with 1/3 each of noodles, ricotta mixture, shredded cheese, and meat sauce. Repeat layers twice, and end with remaining shredded cheese.
*Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment