Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Egg in a Hole"

Ok, I just have to post this too. Last Saturday I was watching my recording of Pioneer Woman, and she did her version of "egg in a hole". I have never seen it done before and told Kevin how easy and good that looked....I didn't really think he was paying attention. The next morning before church I got up and was surprised to find this when I went into the kitchen!

His version of "egg in a heart" I guess. How sweet. I just love the fact that he can cook awesome breakfast food, because it is just not my thing. I'm always too tired to put forth much effort. Anyway, these little treats were perfect for a fast/easy breakfast, and the kids loved them, especially the toasted hearts! This will definitely make a repeat on our breakfast menu soon!




You will need:

-Bread, white or wheat (we used whole wheat)

-butter (about a tablespoon, maybe more)

-eggs

-salt/pepper


*Cut out a hole (or heart in our case) with a cookie cutter or rim of a glass.

*Melt butter in skillet over med-low heat until completely melted

*Place bread into skillet and crack egg right into the hole. Don't move the bread for about 30 seconds

*Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper. Then after about a minute, flip over with a spatula

*Sprinkle the other side of the egg with salt and pepper and move the toast around so it will soak up the butter

*Let it cook until the yolk feels soft to the touch

*Don't forget to throw in the cut out hole (or heart) into the butter to get toasted too...it's the best part!





No comments:

Post a Comment