Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Raspberry Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken

I figured I'd take a break from my obsession with Pioneer woman recipes, and post one of my own for a change! I wouldn't really consider this cooking, more like throwing stuff together to make a good salad....a really good one. Kevin and I have been eating this salad for years now, at least every few weeks. We started out eating the salad by itself, and then added grilled chicken to it, which makes it a perfect meal! The key ingredient to this is Ken's Steakhouse Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette salad dressing. It goes perfectly with the spinach and ranch dressing, if you can believe that. I know, raspberry vinaigrette and ranch dressing together? It really is good, I promise! Personally my favorite part is the crumbled goat cheese...when you add the grill chicken and toss it all together, the cheese kind of melts together.... it's so good! For the chicken, we usually just salt and pepper it and throw it on the grill....but we've also cooked in a little olive oil in a skillet on the stove if we didn't feel like messing with the grill. Or you can always use a george foreman grill if you have one...not quite the same though with chicken. I also like to add slivered almonds to add some crunch to the salad, but you can add croutons too...or just leave it plain like Kevin does:) You will need:


-1 bag of baby spinach leaves


-cherry tomatoes, halved (use as many as you like)


-2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces


-Ken's Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing


-Ranch dressing (I use Kraft Buttermilk Ranch)


-salt/pepper


-crumbled goat cheese ( I used Alouette)


-bag of slivered almonds if desired (find them above the salads in the produce section)




In a large bowl, combine spinach, tomatoes, grilled chicken, and goat cheese. Sprinkle a little salt/pepper to season. Drizzle on Raspberry Vinaigrette to your liking. Then drizzle the Ranch dressing to your liking. Toss to combine all ingredients and top with slivered almonds if desired! **Be careful not to add too much dressing at first, you can always go back and add more, but it's hard to take it away if you overdress it**





No comments:

Post a Comment