Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ham and Cheese Sliders

I made these ham and cheese sliders for dinner last week and they were a huge hit. I've been obsessed with all kinds of sandwiches lately, so when I saw these I knew I had to try them. I only used half of the original recipe...I think these are usually served as appetizers, but we made a dinner out of them! I chose to use small slider buns, but you could use dinner rolls, or even a package of Hawaiian rolls if you choose. These are super kid friendly sandwiches because they are the perfect size....and the poppy seed sauce is so good!

You will need:

For sandwiches:

-one package slider buns (I used Sara Lee), dinner rolls, or Hawaiian rolls

-about 1/2 lb. honey ham (from the deli...sliced not too thin)

-swiss cheese slices

-1/4 cup regular mayonnaise

-1/4 cup miracle whip

For poppy seed sauce:

-1/2 tbsp poppy seeds

-1 tbsp mustard yellow mustard

-1/3 cup melted butter

-1 tbsp finely minced onion

-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
*In a small bowl combine mayo and miracle whip. Spread a thin layer on each side of slider buns.

*Place a slice of ham and slice of swiss cheese on each roll and top with other half, pressing down a little so the ham and cheese doesn't slide out. (I broke up my pieces of ham and cheese a little to fit the buns). Place rolls in a baking dish closely together.

*In a separate small bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Spoon sauce over tops of rolls. (You will probably not need to use all of the sauce, just enough to cover the tops)

*Let rolls sit on the counter for about 10 minutes until butter slightly sets. Then, cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 13 minutes or until cheese is melted.

*Uncover and bake for 2 more minutes or until tops of rolls are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment