Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Mississippi Crock Pot Roast

 I finally got around to trying out this recipe a few months ago, and it is now one of my favorites!  We have made this several times now and each time it's been a hit! Once again, if I'm going to do a slow cooker dish, I want it to be super easy and to need little to no prep work......and this one meets all those qualifications.  Not to mention, it smells amazing while it cooks throughout the day!  I was a little skeptical of this recipe when I saw that you don't add any liquid, but it totally works.  The peperoncini peppers (which can be found by the pickles and banana peppers) are perfectly roasted by the time the roast is done. The peppers have a little bit of a kick, but are not overly spicy at all....my kids eat them.  I usually use a chuck roast but have also used a cheaper cut roast and they both turned out great.  It's best to cook it on the lowest setting for at least 8-10 hours, so its perfect to do on a busy weekday morning!  I usually serve this roast with mashed potatoes and veggies, but it would be great for sandwiches, or served over rice/noodles.

You will need:
-chuck roast (approx 2-3 pounds)
-1 packet of ranch dressing mix
-1 packet of Au Jus mix
-1 stick of butter (I usually use unsalted)
-jar of peperoncini peppers

*Place roast in the slow cooker
*Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix on top
*Sprinkle the Au Jus mix on top of that
*Place whole stick of butter on top of roast
*Place 6-7 peperoncini peppers on top of roast (surrounding the butter)
*That's it.  Don't add water.  Just cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy, this would be a great contribution to Food on Friday: Beef over at Carole's Chatter. Please do bring it over to join in the fun. Cheers

    ReplyDelete