Tuesday, August 30, 2016

S'more Cups

I recently made these for a PTA meeting that I had forgotten I was supposed to bring something to. Whoops. I didn't have time to go to the store, so I looked in my pantry to see what I could come up with and it hit me we had just done s'mores the weekend before and I still had leftover ingredients.  After a pinterest search for anything s'more related, I came across these little cuties.  They were easy to make and were delicious, the perfect bite sized sweet treat.  I may have sampled several:)

S'more Cups
recipe from In my own words

You will need:
-Marshmallows (regular sized)
-Milk chocolate chips (or chocolate bar), semi sweet morsels...basically whatever chocolate you have
-Graham crackers (approx 7 whole crackers to make a cup)
-1/4 cup powdered sugar
-6 Tbsp melted butter
-mini muffin pan

*Crush graham crackers (7 whole crackers should make a cups worth)
   I used a small food chopper, you could also put in a ziploc and smash
*Put crumbs in a bowl and add powdered sugar and melted butter. Stir to combine
*Spray muffin pan with cooking spray
*Press 1 Tbsp of mixture into each muffin compartment.  I used the back of my measuring spoon to press into pan....works perfectly!
*Bake in a 350 degree oven for 4-5 minutes
*Take the pan out and add a few chocolate chips to each cup (I used 4-6 morsels per cup)
*Cut marshmallows in half (kitchen shears), and place each marshmallow cut side down in each cup
*Put back in the oven so the marshmallows will soften.  Watch them.  I left mine in there until they were barely starting to brown on the top
*Remove from oven and place on cooling rack
*Hint: easiest way to remove from pan is to let them completely cool.  I tried to get one out while still warm and it didn't work well
*Once completely cooled remove from pan onto serving dish.  
*Melt remaining chocolate chips (or chocolate bar) and spoon a little over the top
*Add a few crumbles of graham crackers on top, just to make it pretty
*Makes about 24 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment