Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pioneer Woman's Blistered Green Beans

This is our new favorite veggie/side dish!  Pioneer Woman is still the best in my book.  And these are so simple and quick to make.  They are great paired with chicken, or  grilled steak.....or just about any main dish!  

Blistered Green Beans

You will need:
-fresh green beans (ends trimmed off)
-2 Tablespoons butter
-soy sauce
-sea salt (optional)
-lemon  (optional)
note: I like to use my cast iron skillet for these.  If you don't have one, just use a regular skillet, but I wouldn't recommend a non-stick skillet

*Wash and trim the green beans
*Heat butter in skillet on med-high heat (you'll want it pretty hot so it will blister the beans)
*Add green beans and saute for several minutes (I use kitchen tongs to toss around)
*When they start to blister and blacken a little bit, drizzle a few tablespoons of soy sauce over beans
*Lower the heat and continue to toss in skillet for another minute or two
*Optional: If I've got a lemon I will squeeze a little lemon juice over the top and a little sprinkle of sea salt

No comments:

Post a Comment