Friday, March 26, 2010

BEST EVER WAFFLES



I thought I would start off the first recipe with an all-time favorite of my son Hunter (who is a picky, picky eater these days). I got this recipe out of a Southern Living magazine years ago, and its one of our favorites when we decide to have a big breakfast or better yet breakfast for dinner. The club soda mixed in makes them super light and fluffy, and soooo yummy. Hunter gobbled up 3 last night, I won't tell how many we devoured. **I also freeze any leftover waffles, sometimes even make a 2nd batch....they are super simple to just pop into the toaster in the morning for a quick breakfast!

You will need: 2 cups all purpose baking mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup club soda

Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add club soda, stirring until batter is blended. Cook in preheated, greased waffle iron until golden brown. **note-the club soda will fizz up a lot when poured in, keep stirring until the fizz goes away and most of the lumps are gone.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment