Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Years Resolution...a few months late



Well, I'm trying something new here with a separate recipe blog, in addition to our family blog (which I already can't keep up with). My goal since the new year started was to organize my huge ugly green binder full of old recipes, magazine tear outs, etc. and to somehow get it all on the computer so it would be easier to see all the meals we have to choose from, since that is always such a tough question for us in this house.....what's for dinner tonight????

I have developed a new passion for food and cooking over the last few years-maybe it has been our addiction to watching food network (which makes me want to eat ALL the TIME), or just trying to find some kid-friendly dishes that my "picky eaters" will call yummy. I think over all this has turned into somewhat of a hobby for me, which I think I needed, and I'm truly enjoying it.

I will be the first to admit that I have no "natural" cooking talents. Pretty much all the recipes that will be on here are not of my own creation. Many I have found in magazines, box covers, from family members, or more recently on other blogs I've been inspired by, and I've just changed them enough to make them our own. My husband, on the other hand, does have the natural cooking gene. He can come up with some pretty tasty things.....all on his own. I told him I was doing a recipe blog, and I think he's secretly planning some good meals, because I told him there would be pictures involved, and I know he wants to show off his skills:)

Anyway, I feel like I've gotten a pretty hefty stash of respectable recipes over the last several years, so my goal is to start making them again and share the really good ones with you! I know how excited I get over finding a really good recipe, so please feel free to send me some of yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment