Sunday, June 13, 2010

Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken

This is a recipe I found in Kevin's Harris family cookbook several years ago...it's under the section of Esther Harris' family, and unfortunately I have no idea who the person is that supplied the recipe (he has really big family), but I wish I did because I would say thank you. This is pretty much how our conversation goes if I ask my husband if he has any meal ideas.
Me: "so...I'm making a list for the store, anything sound good to you that you want me to make?"
Him: "um...I don't know, maybe the broccoli chicken?" EVERY, SINGLE, TIME!

BROCCOLI AND CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN

You will need:
-1 frozen package cooked, chopped broccoli
-1/2 lb shredded Monterrey jack cheese
-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts ** I usually use 3 chicken breast and surround them with extra broccoli stuffing....it's the best part!
-lemon pepper and garlic salt to season
-butter *I always use country crock, but you can use real butter as well

-Cook the broccoli according to directions and then mix with cheese
-With a rolling pin or meat mallet (I use a meat mallet, it's more fun), flatten the chicken to about 1/4 in thick *Cover the chicken before flattening with plastic wrap to keep from splattering-makes it a lot less messy**
-Put broccoli mixture in the middle of each chicken breast and roll up and secure with tooth picks (I use about 3 picks in each)
-Place seam side down in baking dish
-Season with lemon pepper and garlic salt. Dot chicken breasts with butter
-Surround the chicken breast with any remaining broccoli mixture
-Bake at 350 for one hour




**The extra broccoli/cheese mixture around the chicken is my favorite part....SO good!


No comments:

Post a Comment