Friday, April 22, 2011

Chicken Pasta Primavera


I recently discovered Philadelphia's new cooking creme so I decided I had to check this stuff out. After looking at all the different flavors they offered at the store, I decided on the Italian Cheese and Herbs. I was planning on winging it and making my own concoction, but happened to look at the back of the container and saw this recipe....it looked good so I decided to give it a try. This dish was so easy and soooo good! I added a few extra touches, but the basics of this recipe are so simple and fast. I looked on Philadelphia's website to see if they had any other recipes, and there are lots of them, in all different flavors.....can't wait to try another one, but I know I will be making this one again for sure! You will need:

-1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

-box of fettucine

-1 container Philadelphia's italian cheese and herbs cooking creme

-2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables (I used the bag with snap peas, broccoli, carrots, peppers, etc)

-salt/pepper

-1 lemon

-grated parmeson/romano cheese (I used Kraft)


*Cook fettucine according to package directions **TIP-make sure and reserve a little of the pasta water before draining ( I used about 1/2 cup), then add it back to the pasta and stir so the fettucine doesn't get sticky while you are waiting, it will make the sauce creamier at the end too*


*Heat a little olive oil on medium heat in a large nonstick skillet

*Salt and pepper the chicken then cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring frequently

*Add vegetables and cook 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally

*Add cooking creme and cook and stir 3 more minutes

*Drizzle the juice of one lemon over chicken mixture (I even added a little zest)

*Add fettucine and toss to coat

*Serve hot and top with grated kraft parmesan/romano cheese....I had this in the fridge so decided to sprinkle some on, and it totally made the dish. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment