Sunday, June 5, 2011

Baked Penne Pasta

I'm sitting here watching The Next Food Network Star and it's inspired me to get caught up on a few recipes. I love the new Philadelphia Cooking Creme, and had a sweet friend send me a booklet with all their different recipes. I made this pasta dish and it was awesome....super easy too. We must have been really hungry that night, because I forgot to get a picture before we devoured it. The recipe says to add the remaining 1/4 of the cooking creme to the top.. I added it all in at once and it turned out great!

You will need:
-1 lb ground beef
-1/2 cup each chopped onions and green peppers
-1 jar spaghetti sauce ( I used classico)
-1 tub philadelphia italian cheese and herb cooking creme
-1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
-3 cups cooked penne pasta

*preheat oven to 350
*brown meat with vegetables in large skillet
*Stir in spaghetti sauce, cooking creme and 1/2 cup mozarella
*cook and stir 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted
*add cooked pasta and mix lightly
*spoon into a 13x9 inch casserole dish and top with remaining mozarella
*bake COVERED 15 minutes, UNCOVER and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment