Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crockpot Taco Soup

I made this taco soup a few weeks ago (when it was pretty chilly outside), and it was the perfect meal to warm you right up. I combined a few different ingredients found in different taco soups I've had, and came up with this one....in the crockpot of course! I have a feeling my old crockpot will be my dear friend this winter and be put to good use:) I topped my soup with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese, and served it with mini corn muffins (recipe found on the back of the Jiffy cornbread box). It was the perfect combo...I will be making this again soon!


You will need:
-1 lb ground beef
-1/2 onion, chopped
-1 can pinto beans, drained
-1 can kidney beans, drained
-1 can whole kernel corn , drained
-1 can rotel, undrained (I used original, you could use mild though)
-1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
-1 small 4 oz can chopped green chilis, drained
-1 packet of taco seasoning
-1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
-2 soup cans of water (or more if you want it to be thinner)

*Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain off excess oil.
*Tranfer ground beef to crockpot and add all remaining ingredients, mixing well.
*Cook on low 3-4 hours in crockpot

No comments:

Post a Comment