Monday, January 23, 2012

Enchilada Casserole

I made this enchilada casserole a few weeks ago, and it was definitely a crowd pleaser. This is perfect for a busy weekday dinner because it can be put together fast. I served it along with fresh guacamole and tortilla chips...and a beer in a frosty mug, just because it seemed to go along with the meal. Kind of felt like I was on a tropical vacation for a minute...until I hear my precious 4 year olds fake burping on the other side of the table...that snapped me back into reality real fast:)


This recipe is adapted from Taste of Home...their picture was really pretty-it stood up in layers (lasagne like) after it was cut. Mine didn't, but it sure did taste good so I didn't care!




Enchilada Casserole


You will need:


-1 pound ground beef


-1/2 onion, chopped


-2 cups salsa (I used Clint's salsa)


-1 (15oz) can black beans, rinse and drained


-1/4 cup light italian dressing, I used zesty


-1 packet low sodium taco seasoning


-1/4 tsp cumin


-6 flour tortillas


-3/4 cup low fat sour cream


-1 cup shredded mexican cheese


-1 cup shredded lettuce


-1 medium tomatoe, chopped


-1/4 cup minced, fresh cilantro




*Cook beef and onion in skillet together over med-high heat until no longer pink. Drain and return to the pan.


*Drain and rinse black beans...I really just wanted to include this picture because this is my Grandma Johnson's colander. It's one of the only things I have of hers after she passed away...it's missing one leg, but I still use it...a lot...because it makes me happy:)
*Stir in salsa, dressing, taco seasoning, black beans, and cumin into the meat/onion mixture

*Spray a square dish with cooking spray. Place 3 tortillas on bottom of the dish. Layer with 1/2 of meat mixture, then sour cream, then cheese. Repeat layers again.


*COVER with foil and bake at 400 for 25 minutes


*UNCOVER, and bake 5-10 more minutes until cheese in melted and bubbly


*Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and cilantro



No comments:

Post a Comment