Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Garlic Lime Chicken

I found this chicken recipe via pinterest and made it a few nights ago...it was super tasty and a great way to spice up a plain old chicken breast...not to mention healthy too! I loved this recipe because I had pretty much all of the ingredients already on hand, so I didn't have to buy anything extra. I didn't have parsley flakes, so I omitted them....and I'm pretty sure I added a little extra lime. I served this with some cheesy cauliflower and a salad...perfect for an easy, healthy dinner!






Garlic Lime Chicken



You will need:



-3/4 tsp salt



-1/4 tsp black pepper



-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper



-1/8 tsp paprika



-1/4 tsp garlic powder



-1/8 tsp onion powder



-1/4 tsp dried thyme



-1/4 tsp dried parsley



-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used three...pretty large chicken breasts)






-2 tablespoons butter



-1 tablespoon olive oil



-2 teaspoons garlic powder



-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I may have used more...also squeezed fresh lime over the top)



*In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and parsley.



*Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts...pat on with your hands...kind of like a spice rub



*Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.



*Sprinkle chicken with remaining 2 tsp garlic powder and lime juice. Saute chicken an additional 5 minutes. As chicken is cooking, spoon the pan sauce over the top of the chicken to keep it moist.







No comments:

Post a Comment