Sunday, March 4, 2012

Three Packet Crockpot Roast

I made this roast a few weeks ago, and it is by far my favorite crock pot roast recipe that I've tried so far. I typically do roast in the oven, but saw this recipe via pinterest that came from www.plainchicken.com and decided to try it out. I love the fact that it took me about 3 minutes to prepare, and then I could enjoy the rest of my day! The gravy that this roast makes is awesome...I served it with whole grain white rice and mixed it into the rice for extra flavor. Yum. I used a 3 lb roast and cooked it on the lowest setting of my crock pot for 9 hours. At about 8 hours, I checked the roast and decided to spoon the sauce in the crock pot all over the top of the roast so it didn't get too dry...not really sure if this was necessary, but this roast was so tender!

You will need:
-3-4 pound beef chuck roast
-1 cup water
-1 cup salsa (I used mild PACE picante)
-1 packet onion soup mix
-1 packet Italian dressing mix
-1 packet Au Jus mix (I had to look hard for this one, but it was right where all of the taco, chili, and gravy mixes are)
*Whisk together water, salsa, and all three seasoning packets. Place roast in the crock pot. Pour seasoning mixture over the roast. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment