Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tuscan Pasta with Tomato- Basil Cream

I found this dish on pinterest via myrecipes.com, and after looking at the ingredients list, I decided it looked too easy not to at least try out. This dish is easy to make, and takes very little time. I made this in about 15 minutes....perfect for a busy weeknight. I wasn't really expecting a lot of flavor, simply because it just seemed too easy, but it really surprised us at how good it was! Kevin even ate the leftovers for work the next day. I will definitely be making this again soon! The recipe calls for a few tablespoons of white wine.....I usually have a 4 pack of the mini bottles in the fridge (they're perfect if you're like me and just want one glass of wine with dinner every now and then). I used what I needed for the recipe, then poured myself the remainder. If you aren't a wine drinker, you can get a mini bottle in the wine section of the grocery store for 1 dollar buy itself usually. Or just leave it out....I'm just not sure it will taste the same:)
Tuscan Pasta with Tomato-Basil Cream
You will need:
-1 (20oz) package refrigerated four cheese ravioli (I used Buitoni)
-1 (160z) jar sun dried tomato alfredo sauce (I used Classico)
-2 Tbsp white wine (I had Chardonnay)
-2 medium sized roma tomatoes, chopped
-1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
-1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
-sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
*Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain pasta
*Meanwhile, pour alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan. Pour 2 Tbsp wine into the empty alfredo sauce jar, tighten the lid, and shake vigorously. Pour wine mixture into alfredo sauce and stir. Stir in chopped tomatoes and chopped basil, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
*Toss sauce with pasta and top with 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment