Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Salad

I found this great recipe on noordinarymomentsblog.com for a loaded baked potato salad and decided to try it out.  This is super easy and makes a ton, so it's perfect for a crowd.  It's a great twist on regular old potato salad!  I altered the original recipe and used a bag of real bacon bits instead of frying bacon...because I was feeling lazy.  Definitely will be making this one again!


You will need:
-3 lbs. small red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
-1 1/2 cups sour cream
-1/2 mayonnaise
-1 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp black pepper
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 lb of bacon, cooked and chopped....(I cheated and used REAL bacon bit pieces)
-6 green onions, diced
-1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
*Boil potatoes in water until they are just shy of being cooked (you want them fork tender but not too soft) this took me about 15-20 minutes.  Drain potatoes
*While potatoes are cooking, in a large bowl mix sour cream, mayo, spices, green onions, and bacon together. 
*Mix potatoes into sour cream mixture and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour
*Add shredded cheese to the potato mixture and mix well

This salad was great cold and kept for several days, but I liked it so much that I may try serving it warm next time....sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment