Thursday, October 11, 2012

Crab Cakes

I've been meaning to share this awesome crab cake recipe for a while now and decided that now is a good time....since I'm in the mood to make them again!  I got this recipe from my good friend Jennifer....after hearing about her hubby Tim's cooking skills and famous crab cakes, I grilled her for the recipe and she was kind enough to share his great grandma's recipe for them.  They are so easy and simple.  I like my crab cakes with a LOT of crab and NOT a lot of breading and these were the perfect ratio.  The recipe called for one pound of jumbo lump crab, but it's pretty pricey (and I'm pretty cheap), so I opted for 1/2 pound jumbo lump crab and 1/2 pound of the less expensive crab claw meat....both found in the seafood section.  These crab cakes are excellent as an appetizer or as a main course....Kevin and I ate them for dinner with a salad.  Next time I make them I'm going to try and find an easy sauce to go along with them.
Great Grandma Reagan's Crab Cakes
You will need:
-1 tablespoon mayo
-1 tablespoon spicy mustard
-1/2 teaspoon Old Bay
-1 egg, slightly beaten
-14 saltine crackers, crushed
-dash of Worcheshire sauce
-1 pound Jumbo lump crab meat
*Gently mix all ingredients and form into rounded patties.  Fry in vegetable oil on each side until golden brown.  Be gentle when turning!!




No comments:

Post a Comment