Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Perfect Home Made Brownies

One night recently I had a brownie craving.  Honestly, most nights I have a brownie craving.....this night though, I acted on it.  I didn't have a boxed mix on hand, so I got on pinterest in search of an easy home made recipe that I could make with what I already had in my pantry and stumbled upon this.  I will never buy boxed mix again.  And I'm not knocking Betty crocker or Duncan Hines because they are good....but these are great.  The best thing....they take 2 minutes.  Really, the site I found them on cooklikeyourgrandmother.com actually has a video posted of them making them with a timer set, in under 2 minutes.  Now this lady was moving freakishly fast, but it can be done!  I highly recommend using a better quality chocolate (I had Ghirardelli), it makes a big difference. 
You will need:
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-3/4 cup flour
-3/4 cup cocoa powder
-3 eggs
-3/4 cup butter, melted
-1/2 tsp salt, if using unsalted butter
-3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*Preheat oven to 325.  Line a 12x8 inch glass baking dish with parchment paper overlapping the sides.  (Once brownies are cooled you will use this to remove them from the dish. 
*In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, melted butter, and salt.  Mix by hand with a wooden spoon just until dry ingredients are incorporated.  Don't over mix. 
*Stir in the chocolate chips.  Pour batter into dish and gently spread it out.
*Bake for 30-40 minutes (Note:  the original recipe used a 13x9 inch dish and a shorter baking time.  I like my brownies thicker so I opted for a smaller dish, but increased the baking time.  Whatever you choose, test it with a toothpick until it comes out clean)
*Once they have cooled for a few minutes carefully lift brownies out of dish using parchment paper and let cool, or if you are like me start slicing!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, thank you for following Carole's Chatter. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete