Thursday, July 1, 2010

EASY CHICKEN PARMESAN

So...anybody that knows me well enough knows that my all-time favorite dish
is chicken parmesan. Kevin tries to get me to branch out when we eat at Italian restaurants, but I can't ever manage to do it...and when I do, I always regret it. My thinking is, why not order what you already KNOW you are going to like? I got this recipe out of a Southern Living a long time ago and love it because it's a fast and easy version...you don't even have to turn on the oven!

CHICKEN PARMESAN

You will need:
-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
-1 large egg, lightly beaten
-1/3 cup italian bread crumbs
-2 Tbsp butter (I usually add a little olive oil w/ the butter to the skillet)
-1 26 oz jar tomatoe and basil spaghetti sauce (I used Classico)
*I also usually add a little can of tomatoe sauce just to make the sauce go farther...if you do this you will have plenty of sauce if you want noodles*
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-1Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

-Place chicken b/w plastic wrap and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness (I use a meat mallet)
-Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumbs
-Melt butter (and a little olive oil) in skillet over med-high heat
-Add chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side *don't move the chicken around until you flip or the breading will star falling off
-Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken...Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes
-Sprinkle with cheeses. (I don't measure cheese...just add how much you like)
-Cover again and simmer for 5 more minutes or until cheese melts --Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment