Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cream Cheese Sausage Balls

I found this recipe for sausage balls on pinterest and made these for Thanksgiving. Along with the almonds, these were my other favorite snack. I've made traditional sausage balls before, the only difference with these is the cream cheese....it keeps them moist so they don't dry out. I doubled the recipe and made 2 batches of these, and they were gone by the next day. I actually made these ahead of time the night before Thanksgiving and kept them in the fridge until right before, then put them in the oven. They are best warm, but to me they are just as good cold. Keep them refrigerated in a container and they will stay fresh for a while...that is, if you don't eat them all first:)


Cream Cheese Sausage Balls


*I changed the measurements from the original recipe...this will make a double batch


You will need:


-2 pounds ground sausage, uncooked ( I used mild, but you could use hot)


-8 oz cream cheese, softened


-2 1/4 cups bisquick


-8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese




*Preheat oven to 400


*Mix all ingredients together. I did this by hand..make sure to get the cream cheese soft first. Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 25 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment