Monday, November 28, 2011

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken

Yep, here's the crockpot again....it's been getting a lot of use lately! I found this recipe on pinterest last week, and it looked too easy not to try. We love the spicy buffalo flavor on just about anything, so this was perfect for us. We had so much chicken left over I decided to make a stuffed baked potato for dinner the following night, and it was almost better than the sandwich. Two meals in one, can't beat that. Just in case you are wondering, the recipe does call for frozen chicken. You can use fresh chicken if you already have it thawed out, but I followed what it said..even though I haven't ever put frozen meat directly in the crockpot....it turned out great!


You will need:


-1 bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts


-1 packet ranch mix


-1 bottle franks red hot wings BUFFALO SAUCE *there's lots of different kinds so get the one that says this exactly


-a few tablespoons butter


-buns of your choice...I used regular hamburger buns, toasted a little in the oven


-shredded sharp cheddar cheese


-ranch dressing...optional, but I like ranch and buffalo sauce together
*Place frozen chicken in the crockpot
*Pour entire bottle of buffalo sauce over chicken (it really wasn't too spicy, don't be scared)
*Sprinkle the ranch over the top
*Cook on low for 6-7 hours
*Take chicken out and shred with a fork, it should shred easily
*Place chicken back in crockpot and add a couple tablespoons of butter
*Stir well and cook on low for another 30 minutes to an hour



*Our first night I toasted a few hamburger buns, spread ranch dressing on the inside of the buns, and topped the chicken with shredded cheese..so easy!




*Our second night, I used the leftover chicken to stuff a big baked potato...and topped it with cheese and ranch dressing. Pretty much the same thing I know, but I was proud I made good use of our leftovers:)













No comments:

Post a Comment