Monday, December 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

Still getting around to posting all of our Thanksgiving treats, and this was one of my favorites. Even though I will probably get flack from my family for saying this, I'm seriously not a big fan of pies...unless they involve cherries....or chocolate....so when I saw this one, I knew it was right up my alley. This was so simple to prepare. I made it Thanksgiving morning and served it room temperature for lunch. I refrigerated it overnight and we had the leftovers the next day, and I almost liked it better cold. Either way...good stuff!



Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie


You will need:


-1 unbaked pie crust (I used a deep dish frozen pie crust...I let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes to thaw while I was getting everything prepared)


-2 eggs


-1/2 cup flour


-small pinch of salt


-1/2 cup sugar


-1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used light brown)


-3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened


-1 cup (60z) semi sweet chocolate morsels (plus more for drizzling)


-1/2 cup chopped pecans




*Preheat oven to 325


*Beat the eggs on high until foamy


*Beat in the flour, pinch of salt, and both the sugars


*Beat in the butter (you will have a few specks of butter left in the batter, this is fine)


*Stir in chocolate chips and nuts


*Spoon into pie crust and bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.




For drizzle topping:


*In a microwaveable bowl, melt 1/4 cup chocolate morsels and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil


*Stir until smooth and pour into a small ziploc bag


*Snip off a tiny tip of the bag and drizzle over pie




No comments:

Post a Comment