Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Saltine Toffee Bark

One of my co-workers, Jenni, brought this toffee bark to work a few weeks ago and I was completely hooked after the first bite. The entire container was empty by the time we left to go home that day....I think I snuck the last few bites for my ride home...but nobody knows that:)


I decided to make these for the teachers at the kids school last week and they were super easy. Kevin was a little skeptical when he saw me spreading out saltine crackers on my baking sheet, so as soon as they were finished I broke him off a piece, and he too was hooked. The combo of the sweet chocolate and heath bars and the salty cracker layer on the bottom is what makes them so good!




Saltine Toffee Bark


You will need:


-40 saltine crackers ( I think it was one sleeve)


-1 cup butter, cubed


-3/4 cup sugar


-2 cups (12oz) semi sweet chocolate chips


-1 package (8oz) toffee bits (I used Heath bar bits)




*Line a baking dish with HEAVY DUTY/NON-STICK FOIL. Make sure to use non-stick or it may be difficult to peel off after it has hardened


*Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil


*In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter


*Stir in sugar; bring to a boil; cook and stir for about 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved


*Pour evenly over crackers and spread out


*Bake at 350 for 9 minutes until bubbly


*Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chocolate to soften and melt for a few minutes and then spread out over crackers


*Sprinkle toffee bits over the top


*Cover and refrigerate one hour, or until they are set and hardened. Break into pieces.


this recipe is originally from Taste of Home





























No comments:

Post a Comment