Thursday, December 29, 2011

French Bread Pizza

This is my new favorite "easy" dinner...I found the recipe on pinterest and knew the kids would like helping me make this. I decided to do it on a night Kevin would not be home because it seemed like more of a kid friendly meal, and because Kevin is not a big pizza fan....weird, huh? I could probably eat pizza every day and be happy. The kids and I both loved it so much, I made it a few nights later for Kevin....and he loved it too. He said it was much better than regular pizza! I like the fact that the bread is crunchy and thicker than regular pizza. We stuck with just cheese and pepperoni, but you could use any of your favorite toppings. This is also super cheap...save the leftover french bread to make a panini or grill cheese, or make another round of pizzas on a different night and serve it with a salad...so easy!





French Bread Pizza


You will need:


-loaf of french bread


-pepperoni slices


-italian blend cheese -you can use whatever cheese you like (I think I added some cheddar too)


-jar of pizza sauce (I used Kroger brand)


-italian seasoning


*Preheat oven to 400


*Slice the french bread, spread pizza sauce on top of slices (a lot or a little)


*Sprinkle a little bit of italian seasoning over slices, then top with cheese and pepperoni


*Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes ( I took mine out at 15 min because they were starting to brown)








No comments:

Post a Comment