Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

I found this recipe on jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com which I found via Pinterest, of course! If you can't tell I'm a little addicted to pinterest now. The recipes and ideas I have found on there are amazing, so I decided I needed to actually start making some of these yummy dishes instead of just pinning them. I'm pretty pleased because I've made about four dishes in a row that have turned out excellent....as in, my family wants me to make them again! I usually won't post recipes to the blog unless they really turn out good, and I think that you will like them too! This one for sure was exceptional and I will be making it again. Very simple and easy, just how I like them to be:)
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
*Note: The original recipe called for 4 large chicken breasts, I only used 3. I also added a pinch of cayenne pepper to the cracker crumbs for a little extra flavor. And, instead of 3 cups of cheese, I used 2 cups. This made more than enough to feed our family of 4
You will need:
-3 large chicken breasts
-2 sleeves Ritz crackers
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp pepper
-pinch of cayenne pepper
-1/2 cup milk
-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-1 tsp dried parsley flakes
For the sauce:
-one can cream of chicken soup
-2 Tbsp butter
-2 Tbsp sour cream
*Preheat oven to 400
*Begin by cutting each chicken breast into 3 large pieces
*Put Ritz crackers into a food processor and finely crush
*Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into 3 small separate dishes
*Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to the cracker crumb mixture and stir around
*Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, then cheese, then cracker crumbs. (Use your fingers to press the cheese and cracker crumbs into the chicken....some will fall off, it's ok)
*Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray, and lay the chicken inside the dish
*Sprinkle the dried parsley flakes over the pieces of chicken
*Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake at 4oo for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes more until edges of chicken are brown and crispy. While the chicken bakes for the last 1o minutes, start making the sauce...
To make the sauce:
*In a medium saucepan combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter. Whisk together over med-high heat until melted and hot. Spoon over top of chicken. Sprinkle on a few more parsley flakes if desired.
I served this with steamed broccoli that I seasoned with garlic sea salt, black pepper, and a little spray butter. Hope you enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment