Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pancake Squares

This is just a quick and easy breakfast recipe I thought I would share....found it a while back on pinterest and can't believe I've never thought to do this.  I hate making pancakes for two reasons: 
1.)  I'm not good at making them....they come out looking funky
2.)  they take too long....I want to sit down with my family and eat, not stand by the stove all morning
Now, Kevin is an awesome pancake maker, but when he's not around or doesn't feel like making them, I will be using this recipe from now on.  Take a couple minutes to put it together, bake it, and cut it into squares....so easy.  I forgot to take a picture of the whole thing, but I used a 9x9 inch baking dish, and it was enough to feed our little family of four perfectly.
You will need:
-3/4 cup milk
-2 tablespoons melted butter
-1 large egg
-1 tablespoon sugar
-1 cup flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
 
*Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a square baking dish with non stick cooking spray.

*In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter, and egg.  Add sugar, then gradually beat in the flour.  Stir in baking powder and salt. 
*Pour batter into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
this recipe was found on bigredkitchen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment